So yesterday I turned 25! I’m still having mixed feelings about it all but I’ll be honest, it wasn’t the happiest of birthdays. It did open my eyes to a number of things though, so I’ll focus on that.
I’m not going to give you the usual “25 things I’ve learnt before I turned 25” post, but I’ll give you 10 that I think are the most important, and ring true for me on a daily basis.
1. Traveling overseas is one of the greatest things you can do in your life. To experience a new culture, a new way of life and to see and learn amazing things is priceless.
2. Never be afraid to let a friend go. Sometimes you need to stand back and look at the friendship and decide if it’s worth the fight. We have a lifetime to make new friends.
3. One of the hardest but most valuable things you can do is befriend someone significantly older than you. I’m talking a good 40 years older. The stories they have to share and the words of wisdom they can give you, will enhance your life and make you understand things like you never knew you could. The hard part is that, these people may not be part of your life for very long.
4. Learn to accept your family. Once I stopped comparing my mother to the mother I wished I had and started accepting her for who she is and understanding why she is that way, I felt lighter. I stopped focusing on her faults, blaming her, and focused on trying to understand.
5. It doesn’t matter how much luck someone else seems to have. If you work hard, you can achieve anything you want.
6. Pause. Take it all in. Time goes by way too fast.
7. Surround yourself with beautiful things. Whether it’s fresh flowers, or spoiling yourself with new jewelry; even the smallest things can inspire you.
8. If you’re not happy with a part of your life, or yourself, and you can change it; do it. Life’s too short to stay unhappy.
9. Don’t set expectations, just roll with it. There’s no need to feel disappointed about something that didn’t happen, that was never going to anyway.
10. You’re never too old to make new friends, or try something new.
That’s all for now xx